- Ironworkers Union Local 25
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters and Millwrights
“Working families in the eighth district need a voice that’ll fight for them in Congress, and that’s what I’ll do,” said Melissa Gilbert. “I’m honored to have these endorsements, and look forward to working with Michigan workers across mid-Michigan to ensure they get the representation they deserve.”
Melissa Gilbert is the former President of Screen Actors Guild (SAG) where she represented over 100,000 members worldwide and worked to strengthen laws protecting child actors and expanding retirement and health care benefits for retirees. Melissa’s strong advocacy earned her a spot on the national AFL-CIO Executive Council.
“These endorsements, combined with Melissa’s strong fundraising numbers show her strong local support and growing momentum in the race to replace Mike Bishop in Washington,” said James Stretch, campaign manager.
The three new endorsements are part of a long list of local labor support for Melissa:
- Michigan AFL-CIO
- Michigan UAW
- Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union
- SMART Transportation Division
- Plumbers Union Local 98
- United Transportations Union
- United Food and Commercial Workers